Right hand locked and moving very little. What is wrong with me?

On my right hand my last two fingers have locked up and can now be only moved 50% of their usual movement
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

It will nice of you if you mention any history of injury to the finger and also about the duration of symptoms, is it associated with any pain, or it occurs during any particular time of the day.

The most common reported cause of stiff fingers is joint and muscle strain. Numbness due to severe cold is another cause of stiff fingers. Finger stiffness can also be a symptom of rheumatoid arthritis, which causes inflammation in the joints. nerve damage, can cause joint stiffness in the hand. Other causes for stiff fingers include allergic reactions and nutritional deficiencies.

I advice you to keep your hand warm and can also apply analgesic ointment in case if there is pain. Resting for two to three days will be beneficial.

If the symptom persists more than a week i advice you to consult orthopedic surgeon for examination.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer