Right flank pain and loose stools. Is this a sign of an illness?

I have pain from my right flank through to my groin for a few days. It gets worse when I bend over, but I don't remember llifting anything. Now I get loose stools. I'm also under a large amount of stress.
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the following suggestions...

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms refer mostly to an acute gastroenteritis (infection of bowels). - For the time being, I'd suggest to drink more water, take tasectan, probiotics to stop diarrhea and oral rehydration salts (O.R.S) for dehydration.

Stress is also another factor contributing to your symptoms. - I'd suggest to take some chamomile tea, and try some techniques to cope with stress. If no results, can ask to start anti-stress pills.

If your diarrhea and pain do not have any improvement within a couple of days, then, should go for some more investigations to identify the real culprit. I'd suggest, then, to do an abdominal ultrasound, fecal examination for ova/parasites, feces occult blood, leucocytes in feces, and complete blood profile.

Hope it answered to your question!

p.s. if you have further concern, do not hesitate to contact me again.