Right Eye twitching. What can be done to stop this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My right eye has been twitching from the past 5 days and it gets irritating, normally it is associated with a bad omen, but what can be done to stop this disturbing eye twitching?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later

Usually eye twitching can be a sign of many health conditions. This eye twitching is called “Myokymia”.

Causes include sleep deprivation, excess caffeine, colas, stressful period, anxiety, etc. Medical problems can include low calcium or magnesium levels, improper hydration, etc.

It is highly advisable to prevent the above mentioned factors to avoid getting this problem. Eat a balanced diet. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. Get 6-8 hours of refreshing sleep a day. Do Yoga to relieve stress. Avoid caffeine, colas, chocolate.

In Indian and Chinese folklore omen can be attributed to each event taking place in the body but it would be best to believe that nothing bad will happen to you. Just take care of yourself in the best possible way, stay healthy and you shall stop experiencing this problem. If after diet and lifestyle modification this still occurs it could be calcium problem in your system for which you should consult your Doctor.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing good health.