Retrosternal discomfort after taking fluclox. Can I take ranitidine?

I am taking fluclox and after 2 days am getting retrosternal discomfoet. Do i take ranitidine or just take the drug with food? thank you
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 36 minutes later
Thanks for the query
FLUCLOX is always used with caution in elderly people above 65 years of age.
This medicine can cause retrosternal discomfort,belching,nausea,diarrhea etc however these are mild in nature.
You can take ranitidine in the morning empty stomach to avoid abdominal symptoms.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: Retrosternal discomfort after taking fluclox. Can I take ranitidine? 37 minutes later
Thank you. Just to clarify. My guidance is to take my first fluclox on an empty stomach on waking. Can the ranitidine be taken withit ,or should I have the ranitidine half an hour or so before the antibiotic?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
It is better to take ranitidine half hour before fluclox in the morning on empty stomach.