Reticular pattern in lung field, peri bronchial vascular thickening. Have sarcoidosis. What does this mean?

What does this mean

There is a fine reticular pattern seen throughout lung fields but with an upper zone predominance and minor subpleural pattern. The thickening is in a peri bronchial vascular and centrilobular distribution.

Minor thickening of the oblique fissures is seen superiority.

There is mild prominence of the hila.

I have sarcodosis and this is my latest ct scan.
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 2 hours later

You are suffering from sarcoidosis, and as you probably know, it can affect the lungs and cause lymphadenopathy. Therefore, the features you have described on your CT scan suggest that you have a mild interstitial lung disease which is evident from the reticular pattern seen with thickening of the fissures.

The Hilar prominence is because of enlarged lymph nodes.

These changes are new or were they there previously? That will probably decide whether your disease is progressing.

In addition, you need to get a pulmonary function test to check for restrictive lung disease.

Please feel free to ask if you have any query.

Follow-up: Reticular pattern in lung field, peri bronchial vascular thickening. Have sarcoidosis. What does this mean? 20 hours later
Thank you doctor, what does interstitial lug disease mean?

Also will I get lymphadenopathy and what is it.

Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 4 hours later

Interstitial lung disease is a type of lung disease where the above findings appear on the lung scan.
It can produce symptoms of dry cough and breathlessness.

Lymphadenopathy is enlargement of the lymph nodes which is a hallmark of sarcoidosis.
The hilar prominence on the scan could be due to enlarged lymph nodes.

It can be confirmed on a contrast enhanced ct scan.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have other doubts.