Retained products of conception removed, prescribed Pantocid and Misoprostol. Is antibiotic coverage sufficient?

Infertility Specialist
products of 45 days old conception has been peeled of after incomplete abortion without any pre - ananaesthetic medications and antibiotics. Tab. Ofloxacin and ornidazole combination with Tab. pantocid 40mg and Tab Misoprostol was prescribed. Is antibiotic coverage is sufficient or not?
due to this procedure done in the morning my cervical canal get adhexed and D & C compulsory? will it affect my future Pregnancy and my marital history is married since 2 months.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later

Let me reassure you that procedure you underwent was essential to remove retained products of conception. Other wise it would have lead to infection & other complications which is detrimental for further reproduction.

D&C is commonly performed procedure for abortion in India.

Your gynecologist has prescribed you right dose of antibiotics. Let me reassure you that it is right dose of antibiotics which is given after procedure even though preanesthetic medications and doses are not administered as they are not always necessary. You have adequate antibiotic cover.

If done by a qualified expert, D&C is not associated with any complications later in life. Your future chances of getting pregnancy wont be compromised. Dont worry about it.

Your cervical canal also wont get adhesions due to this procedure. So please be relaxed and take rest. Everything is going on in right direction.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Please write back if you have any additional concerns.