Respected doctor, me and my girlfriend had an unexpected and

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
Respected doctor, me and my girlfriend had an unexpected and unprotected sex yesterday i.e., on nov 5th, 2017. She got her last period on august 25th and it lasted for 3-4 days. And till now she didn't get the period. Yesterday, I didn't ejaculate in her and removed before it comes. So, is there any chances to get pregnant? And now she has to take a blood and thyroid tests prescribed by a gynaecologist for delay of her periods. So, if she takes an unwanted-72 tablet, would it be detected after 3 days?
Her age is 18 and stepped into 19th year.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No chance of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Delay in the periods are likely due to hormonal disturbance.
The chances of pregnancy are nil if you are sure that there was no ejaculation inside the vagina.
Moreover, the levels of unwanted 72 or any i pill are not detected in the blood.
There is nothing to worry.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN