Reports show serum creatinine level-1.54mg/dl and uric acid is 8.30 mg/dl. What should I do?

My BUN is 13mg/dl and serum creainine level has gone to 1.54mg/dl and uric acid is 8.30 mg/dl. have no discomforts of any kind suggest what should i do? CREATININE LEVELS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN @1.3mg/dl
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi I have gone through query. So far your serum creatinine level is concerned, its on higher side. First of all recheck your kidney function test to crosscheck whether it has increased consistently or not. High level of serum creatinine may be because of medical renal disease like diabetes, hypertension etc or because of obstructive uropathy eg large prostate,stones in urinary tract,malignancies of genitourinary tract. As you have mentioned that your serum uric acid is on higher side(normal upto 7mg/dl) but asymptomatic, it can be controlled by life style modification and dietary changes. You should avoid seafood, meat, alcohol, beer, peas, etc If its not controlled then one can start drugs like allopurinol, febuxostat, probenacid, NSAID I am of the opinion that you should go for through routine blood and urine investigation including utrasound of kidney-ureter-bladder/prostate, serum prostate-specific antigen.