Reports show moderate fat on liver, liver enlarged, sgot-115 sgpt-150,total bilurbin 1,gamma gt 160 an dhav total-positive. Meaning?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi Doctor

Today I got my reports of Executive healthcheck up ,from Asian Heart Institute Mumbai. tmt,2d echo,ecg,PFT ,renal function ,lipid profile ,Ultrasound whole abdo,blood glucose fasting ,pp & HB1AC etc is ok. Follwing are the abnormalities
moderate fat on liver ,liver enlarged by 17.5mm.
sgot-115 sgpt-150 , total bilurbin is 1, gamma gt -160 , isr 30 ,INR-1 ,ALAKLINE PHOSPHATE-110
hav total -positive , HAV IMG- Non reactive,HAVigg- reactive ,hepatitis b- negetive,hepatitis c- negetive.
I dont recall if i were ever detected with hepatitis A and given its vaccine. I use to take alchoal but have completely stopped since last one month. My height is 174cm and weight is 126 kg. It was 133 one month back and by stopping alchoal and with some lifestyle changes reduced by 6 kg in a month.targeting to bring in <100 in next one month.
considering all above whats your reccemendation for HAV? SHOULD I TAKE ITS VACCINE? CAN I TAKE HEPATITIS B AND C VACCINE ?I HAVE NEVER TAKEN ANY VACCINATION. What appears to be the overall issue?does hav and sgot/sgpt levels have any relationship?
XXXXX
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 hours later
Hi XXXXX,
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

Your test report says that you have had Hepatitis A infection in the past and you have developed antibodies to it and are immune to it. HAV immunity is lifelong immunity which means you will not get infected by HAV again . So there is no need to get vaccinated against HAV.
You have not mentioned about your profession. If you are risk individual like a healthcare professional, lab techinician or a dialysis patient etc, then you may require vaccination against Hepatitis B.
There is no vaccine available for Hepatitis C.
You high AST and ALT levels might be due to fatty liver which in turn may be due to obesity. Reduce your weight and avoid alcohol for improvement in these enzyme levels.
I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Reports show moderate fat on liver, liver enlarged, sgot-115 sgpt-150,total bilurbin 1,gamma gt 160 an dhav total-positive. Meaning? 10 minutes later
Thank you Sir ! So far profession is concerned is conerned , i work with a MNC in thier corporate office in strategy department. Iwould further seek clarification on following
If i appear for preemployment test for an overseas assignment at Abudhabi , can i be rejected basis these medical conditions?
What is the meaning of liver enlarged 17.5cm? is it serious?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 7 minutes later
Since Hepatitis B and C are negative, you will not be rejected.

You liver is enlarged because of fat deposition ( called as fatty liver).
Obesity and alcohol intake , both can cause fatty liver.
Stop drinking alcohol and reduce weight to clear the fat from liver.
I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini