Reports show intramural fibroid and pregnant. No periods from 5 months. Feeling confused

Question
hi dr....my reports show tht i ve intramural fibroid..and 5 weeks pregnant wch is not possible cos am not active sexually...and i ve not been gettin my periods for the last 4 months...am vry confused plz help
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: reconfirm the scan report if you are in doubt. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX It's impossible to get pregnant without any sexual act (not necessarily only intercourse, even pregnancy can happen with pre-ejaculate). But, its difficult to ignore the scan report also. What I advise you is CONFIRM THE SCAN report with a good sonologist, if you are really pregnant then decide what to do next. Regarding the intramural fibroid, if it is small then nothing needs to be done, unless you are having any symptoms. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Reports show intramural fibroid and pregnant. No periods from 5 months. Feeling confused 4 hours later
Thank u for the repl. ...and rregarding the fibroid I am having shooting pain in my lowerback and ppelvis region....

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 10 hours later
Brief Answer: PAin depends on fibroid size. Detailed Answer: Hi, I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, usually very large fibroid can lead to back pain or shooting pain, if the fibroid is of small size then its highly unlikely to cause this symptom. Some amount of pelvic discomfort can be seen during first pregnancy, its usually benign. If the pain is unbearable then kindly visit your doctor. For time being you can apply some analgesic cream locally for pain relief. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!