Report shows left iliac external chain lymph node measuring 1.5x1.4 cm which appears larger that previously measuring 1.2x.07cm. Meaning?

Question
what does a "left iliac external chain lymph node measuring 1.5x1.4 cm which appears larger that previously measuring 1.2x.07cm mean. it has been almost 2 yrs since a partial removal of my right kidney
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Imaging error.disease in prostate,external genital

Detailed Answer:

I like to explain you the different possibilities of the enlarged external iliac lymph nodes.

1. During imaging (USG) of lymphnodes, the size is measured based on the direction, placement and visibility to the probe. Some time there may be variation in measuring the same lymphnodes at different time points. For confirming you can get repeat scaning or using CT scan.

2. This change in the size of left external iliac chain lymph node may suggests some disease or problem (infection or cellulitis or malignancy) in the left side of abdominal wall below the umbilicus, medial part of thigh, prostate, external genitalia and fundus of the urinary bladder.

So get examined by your board certified doctor once to check if there are any signs of problem in the above mentioned area and if required relevent investigation.

3. Partial removal of kidney will not affect this group of lymphnode. Kidney drains mainly into para aortic group of lymphnodes. The XXXXXXX cause as explained in point 2 may affect external iliac group of lymphnodes.

So I advice you to get repeat scan to check for the size, shape and also any other problem that may cause these lymphnodes enlargement and get examined by your dioctor once for diagnosis.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.

If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Report shows left iliac external chain lymph node measuring 1.5x1.4 cm which appears larger that previously measuring 1.2x.07cm. Meaning? 10 hours later
The scan was a ct scan comparing to the previous ct scan.

What type of doctor should I see?

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
General Surgeon for evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX, Thanks for writing back.

Since the comparison are from CT scan, we can relay on the findings.

You need to consult your general surgeon for initial complete evaluation. He is the right person for examination.

Hope this answered your question. Feel free to ask if you have any queries.
Wish you good health.