Report shows artifact was noted in the right para cardiac region. What does this mean?

May 2014

what does diagnosis of artifact was noted in the right para cardiac region mean?
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in to us. An artifact in paracardiac region is a shadow next to the heart which is probably not due to any medical condition but is a result of any technical errors or if there is any undesirable object outside the body which is seen I the x ray. Please try to take picture of x ray and attach that to your query and I will have a look at it. Waiting for your update. Regards, Dr.Vivek