Report shows SGOT is 746 U/L. SGPT is 1179. Total bilirubin is normal at 1.2. Taking Lisinopril, HCTZ and Metformin. Help?

Just received lab results. SGOT is 746 U/L. SGPT is 1179. Alkaline Phosphatase is 259. Total bilirubin is normal at 1.2. I do drink about 8 oz. of bourbon with diet coke a night. BMI is 27.7, pre-diabetic, HA1C 6.4 never over, sometimes 5.7. Last Labs a year and 1/2 ago SGOT 19 and SGPT 30. Medications: Lisinopril, HCTZ, Metformin(500 mg a day only)Prilosec, and lots of herbs to decrease blood sugar naturally. No gi symptoms, except liver does look enlarged. General fatigue . Please help.
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Liver problem

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

All of your liver enzymes have gone bad. Now a good functioning liver is essential for the smooth functioning of our body. Also the medication dosages also depnd on your liver status.
You have mentioned that you take lot of herbs to reduce sugars. In my clinic i generally discourage the patients to take these herbs as they are not well studied.
You should stop taking those herbs ane then recheck liver profile after 10 days.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.