Report shows SGOT-108 and SGPT-178. What is the treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Sir, my SGOT was 112 and SGPT was 168. On ultrasound i found out about my Fatty lever.I consult the doctor and he prescribed me UDILIV 300. After 10 days medication i again checked. This time SGOTis 108 and SGPT increased to 178.PLease advise me about treatment
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Check HbSag test Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. I will advise you to do HbS ag test to look for hepatitis . Liver markers may remain elevated if you are taking alcohol or liver toxic medication. Medication given by your doctor are correct if you are hbs ag negative. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care

Follow-up: Report shows SGOT-108 and SGPT-178. What is the treatment? 48 hours later
as per my doctors advise, i have done lipid profile, sugar and HbsAg test. Everything is in normal range and hbs Ag is also negative. I also dont consume alcohol. So what could be the cause of these elevated values of SGPT and SGOT and should i continue with the same medicines or you recommend something else.

Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Thats good that your reports are normal. Yes you need to continue same medication. You need to take healthy diet to avoid load on liver. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care