Report show multiple complex cysts. Taking thyroid, hormone replacements and cortisol. Should I be worried?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Two separate US show multiple complex 3-4 cm cysts with XXXXXXX septation. GP has referred me to a liver specialist. Am also taking thyroid, hormone replacements & cortisol. Should I be worried? Can't get into see specialist for a month. Current symptoms are bloating, fluid retention & full body hot flashes.
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Radhakrishna Patta 5 hours later

I have gone through your mail and understood its contents.
Usually cystic lesions of the liver are not a matter of concern as they are likely to be benign. Since they are multiple, they are more likely to be present for a long time, possibly from birth. You can wait till the specialist appointment. I would suggest a contrast enhanced CT scan of the abdomen to charecterize these cysts before deciding on what to do with them. If benign these cystic lesions will not require any treatment if they do not cause any symptoms. Hormone Replacement usually causes solid lesions in the liver and not cystic.

Let me know other concerns if any.