Replaced Implanon. Bloating, green nipple discharge. Negative pregnancy test. What is going on?

Hello my name is XXXXXXX .I had the implanon for three years and got it replaced in January...I am currently feeling bloated and I'm having a green discharge from my left nipple..I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.can you tell me what may be going on...thank you!
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi, XXXXXXX welcome and thanks for writing in.
Implanon is not associated with side effect as discharge from nipple. Also you are using it since last 3 years, so it is not associated with present condition.
Greenish discharge is usually associated with breast cyst and pregnancy. But pregnancy test is negative. Cyst may communicate with nipple directly. Due to cystic nature sometimes it can not be felt to hand. You need to consult your gynaecologist or surgeon for clinical examination. Also ultrasonography of breast is investigation of choice . It will definitely rule out the all possible causes. It is benign sign so no need to worry too much.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Follow-up: Replaced Implanon. Bloating, green nipple discharge. Negative pregnancy test. What is going on? 42 minutes later
Thank you very much Dr. Sanap your information was very helpful..I had the implanon for three years and just had this one inserted in January...I took a home test and it was negative...I had a period last month so I don't believe its pregnancy I have an appointment with my Dr Thursday
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 10 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
It is right you are not pregnant. You need to go for ultrasonography of breast for definitive diagnosis.

Let me know the details after your consultation..

Hope for the best.