Repeated semen analysis done after taking carnitor and lycopene. Is there any improvement?

Dear Doctor,

Greetings! Happy New Year. I hope you remember my case. Low sperm count & motility with liquefaction problem. My previous semen analysis report is as follows

Sperm Count - 29 million/ml, Sperm Morpholoy - 70%, Motility - 5%, Liquefaction - Partly liqufied after 2 hours. Impression - Asthenosprmia with Liqufaction problem

You had advised me to take one Tab. Carnitor 3 times a day & 2 cap. Lycopene 3 times a day,repeat semen analysis and get back to you. I have done the same. However due to an office trip, I could take the semen analysis at a local hospital here and not in Chennai. I don't know how reliable it is, so I intend to repeat it again as soon as I am in Chennai. The SA test report as follows

Liquefaction - 1 Hour (Improved a Lot)

Sperm Count - 31 million/ml

Sperm Concentration - 74.4 millions

Sperm Morphology - 75% (Improved by 5%)

Sperm Motility - GRADING

GRADE          DESCRIPTION                %

0          IMMOTILE                15%
1          TAIL MOVEMENT                25%
2          FORWARD MOVEMENT           50%
3          RAPID FORWARD MOVEMENT           10%
4          EXCELLENT FORWARD PROGRESSION      0% (Nothing in this category)

So these are the figures Doctor. Is there any improvement? The motlity figures are confusing in this report. What should be done further doctor?

Thanks for your time
Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later
Dear sir,

Your report is perfectly alright. The quality of your semen has improved a lot; the motility is excellent and it is good enough for your partner to conceive. You should continue the medications as before and follow the generalized precautions as previously advised.

Best of luck.

Rajiv Goel
Follow-up: Repeated semen analysis done after taking carnitor and lycopene. Is there any improvement? 26 hours later
Dear Doctor,

Even the lab technician told me that it was a remarkable improvement over the previous report in just one month. I am glad I decided to consult with you. Thank you very much.

Doctor, in addition to what you prescribed can I add the following tablets

(1) Vitamin C - 1 mg twice daily - Morning & Night
(2) Fish (Cod) Oil - 2 capsules thrice daily
(3) COQ 10 - 1 capsule - Once at Night
(4) Zinc - 50 mg - once at Night

I read that all these help in improving sperm.

Doctor I also heard that a tablet called siphene-M improves sperm count. My Friend tells me that it doubled his sperm count in 2 months. Can I take it also?

And Finally, After 2 months of stressing over the report, I slept peacefully yesterday. So Thank you once again doctor for your terrific piece of advice. Grateful, I really am....

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 10 hours later
Dear Sir,

You are welcome. You can start the rest of medications but not siphene M. It gives good results in short term but in the long term it is not good.

All the best

Rajiv Goel
Follow-up: Repeated semen analysis done after taking carnitor and lycopene. Is there any improvement? 2 days later
Thank you doctor. I will definitely do as you say.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 39 minutes later
Dear Sir,

All the best

Rajiv goel