Reoccurring pericarditis. Tired after liver biopsy. Can sex be okay?

Question
my husband (the patient) has reoccurring pericarditis and is home now from hospital. he feels well but the blood tests show it lingers. he wants to have sex. is it safe for him. i dont want him to drop dead in the middle. he also had a liver biopsy yesterday. he is very tired,(part of the condition) and sleeps most of the day.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Since the atrial fibrillation is well controlled and he is on a dual pacemaker, there is nothing worrisome now. The blood tests will take some time to come back to normal.
He can indulge in having sex but not an aggressive session. This will help him psychologically in a better recovery. Being tired is a part of his illness. A good diet and mild exercise regimen will help in early recovery.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.