Reoccurring bacterial vaginosis. Have back and abdomen pain. Chances of having Pelvic inflammatory disease?

pid??hello. in 2009 I gave birth to my oldest child. ever since then I have had reoccurring BV with treatment causing a yeast infection. I have not gone more than 3 weeks without BV. my doctor keeps treating it. Right now I am in a great deal or pain. About 2 weeks ago I found out I had a kidney infection. took all the medication, also was treated for BV and then got a YI and yreate that at home and now I have a discharge again like BV. low abdominal pain and also low back pain that is now moving up the right side of my back. Please help! Could this be PID? or something worse? thank you!
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Having treatment for bacterial vaginosis multiple times without being relieved of heavy discharge and pain abdomen is distressing. Your symptoms are likely to be due to PID.
Bacterial vaginosis is usually associated with super added fungal infections and if not treated vigorously is notorious for recurrence. A common reason of recurrent infections is simultaneous improper treatment of the partner which keeps on reinfecting the female partner repeatedly.
A vaginal swab culture sensitivity will be helpful in determining the antibiotic which will be most suitable for your infection. You can also get a pelvic ultrasound done under the guidance of your gynecologist to rule out any other pelvic pathologies.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.