Removed mirena due to severe cramping. On Loette. Had unprotected sex. Chances of pregnancy?

Hi, I was on the Mirena for 8 months. I recently (a month ago) had it removed because I experienced severe cramping. My GP put me back on Loette. I have been on the pill for 12 days now. My boyfriend and I had unprotective sex last night. How long does it take for loette to start acting like a strong contraceptive? As we both dislike using condoms. Im suddenly worried that I might get pregnant from last night. Is there any advice you can give me.
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 35 minutes later

Loette is known to be effective within 7 days when the pill is taken as instructed.

So if you have been taking the pill regularly without break as instructed to you, it would be effective and provide enough contraceptive cover by now.

Presuming you've done that, you need not worry.

Hope this answers your query. If you have any other queries, feel free to ask me.