Removed implant, no period, negative home pregnancy test, feeling tired. Could I be pregnant?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
could i be pregnant? i had last period from 11th aug for 5 days i had my implant out on the 12th aug but no period this month. i have done a home pregnancy test which was negative. but i've been feeling relly tired the last week
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 minutes later

As your implant was inserted during your early menstruation the chance of pregnancy is less.
Implant can cause menstrual irregularities like scanty flow, delayed periods, absent periods, heavy menstrual flow etc.
So your amenorrhea may be because of that as some women may have amenorrhea for months being on implant.
It can also cause fatigue as side effect.
So the chance of pregnancy is low, if you want to rule out the chance better to go for blood test for pregnancy which will give accurate result than urine test.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Removed implant, no period, negative home pregnancy test, feeling tired. Could I be pregnant? 57 minutes later
It's wasn't inserted it was removed on the 12th aug

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

I am sorry, I missed the word 'out' in your query.
Usually being on hormonal contraceptive methods the ovulation will be suppressed and you will have only withdrawal bleeding.
And after stopping the method the time of returning of ovulation will vary from person to person, it can return in 2 weeks or in few months.
So if the ovulation returned early in your case and you had intercourse around that time there is possibility for pregnancy.
As you missed the period and having some symptoms of pregnancy better to test once.
Urine pregnancy test kits sometimes may not detect early pregnancy so go for blood test for pregnancy which can give accurate result.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.