Removed hair on penis. Got itching small pimples. Noticed black spot on penis. Help?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
hi this is kingsley from India, and i am facing some problems on my penis.. usually i remove my hairs on penis and some few years back i got some small small pimples like things but it doesnt gave me itching, or anyother things..its just located on my penile shaft. for past 3 months i got some itching not in the pimples part..a black spot on my penis may be some 0.5 cm circumference came and it made me to itch and now i got relieved from it but the black spot remains same.. i m sure tat there is no marks on my penis head the XXXXXXX part and only on the top of skin..may i know what is the reason..i had some suck experience alone and no other on my life time
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry all of these are normal things

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and hanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

I have gone through the whole series of history and related description of the small pimple things with black spot.

Let me reassure you first that none of these things are related to any sort of serious problem or any disease or to be very frankly saying any type of sexually transmitted disease or infection.

So you must be wondering what these things are exactly then!!!

To explain you medically the things which you have told are the simple proliferation of the hair roots and oil glands at the penile skin. The skin over the penis and the scrotal area are the thinnest hair bearing skin. With this fact you should know that as we grow up from teenage to adulthood the oil glands as well as the hair roots becomes quite more prominent at these areas.

I can make out that you are a young man of 27 years of age. So as soon as you crossed your teenage you started noticing these small pimples like things. So you probably got the idea regarding this simple physiological thing which is common in all the males- but in different grade of prominence from one male to other.

Now regarding the black spot on the penis- this spot too is related to these oil glands on the penis but in slightly different way. Any of the oil gland can be blocked and gets mild to moderately inflamed on our penile skin. In yourself it got mildly inflamed and that is why there was slight itching on the area. If it would had been moderately or more inflamed then would had caused pain sensation. Anyhow once this became alright it healed with hyper-pigmentation which we commonly call as "post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation” or PIH. This whole series of event too is totally normal and physiological and nothing to do with any sexual intercourse or sucking experience.

So I again reassure you that your problem is totally normal thing which we most often see in our day today practice.

I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology and Sexually transmitted diseases)

Follow-up: Removed hair on penis. Got itching small pimples. Noticed black spot on penis. Help? 19 minutes later
sir thanks for your positive reply.

i thought it might be std

tks a lot sir

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Always use protection by condoms in future

Detailed Answer:
Dear Young Fellow,

Welcome to the forum again and thanks for your prompt reply.

I am really happy to know that you are now relaxed regarding your normal physiological thing. It is quite often that we see young men like you suspecting of some sort of sexually transmitted disease.

So, all the very best in your future life and do not forget to use condoms which provide the best method of protection from all sort of STDs.

I hope you must be quite relaxed now, if you have further queries I will be happy to help or if you don't then can close the query and rate the answer.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Follow-up: Removed hair on penis. Got itching small pimples. Noticed black spot on penis. Help? 10 hours later
Dear Sir

Thanks for your valued supportive mail.

can i ask you some few more questions?

1. Shaving the male spot area is good or we should not do? while i shaved, some 2 of pimples on it got expanded and gave huge pain like we get pimples on summer in face.

2. yourself told me to use condoms during sucking itself or at the time of f..k?

3. my penis part is having some little bend? will it be a problem Sir? and also my penis luks thick at the tip and at the initiating area from body its very thin? any tablets or exercise to get even thickness of penis?

4. i apply oil around my Penis everyday after i take bath from my childhood days[don no why!!!!!] and i stopped applying on it for some days and i noticed that some white patches of lines occured on my penis? i wan your valued answer..

sorry for asking more and more questions since your first reply, set me free i want to clarify my other doubts too sir..

Awaiting your valued reply.

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly find the answers below in detailed reply

Detailed Answer:
Hello young man,
Welcome to the forum again.

It's my pleasure to clear your further doubts and queries.

1. Trimming rather than Shaving male area is always good. It is part of of our hygiene and helps to prevent certain skin diseases because of better hygiene. Do not try to deeply shave the area. As you previously also got some black spot on shaft and other pimples which were the proliferation and inflammation of the oil glands and hair root so prefer to trim the hair rather than shaving.

2. Using condoms is always good in any type of sexual activity whether sucking or anything else. Human mouth contains more bacterias than anywhere else. So it is always better to use protection in any kind of activity.

3. Slight bending is always present in every male, either right or left side. Some persons can have bit more also but then also it is quite normal. The same is true for the thickness at the tip. Rather it is considered that thick tip is more pleasurable for females because the tip is is first part coming in contact with female genitals...so lucky man to get the thick tip!!!

4. Applying oil over penile skin or anywhere else is not at all necessary because our skin has plenty of oil glands in it. But as you were applying oil since your childhood so the glands altered the function of proper secretion and thereby giving white patches of lines. The things will be alright in next couple of months when your skin start secreting proper oil.

I hope you must be happy to all normal things. If you have further queries I will be happy to help or if you don't then can close the query and rate the answer.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia