Removed gall bladder and infected fat muscle. What is the recovery time?

Sep 2013

I had gallbladder surgery on Tuesday and they also removed infected fat muscle. I work with preschoolers and wondering what my recovery time is
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Cholecystectomy is an operation for removal of gall bladder with bile ducts.
Your age is 33 years, so recovery will take not more than a week.

According to you, they also removed infected fat.
Usually patients do not feel any side effects of surgery.
Surgery is very successful in gallbladder case.
Only precautions you have to take is REST for 7 days, so that don't feel any pain on sutured sites.
Avoid fatty food, oily food because gallbladder is removed. This type of food may cause Biliary gastritis, fullness in abdomen, flatulence.

After seven days, you can resume your work successfully without any complications.

Just for precaution I want to tell you one thing that in 15 % of all cases, cholecystectomy fails to relieve the symptoms for which the operation was performed.
Symptoms are due to disease of other organs other than biliary tract such as hiatus hernia, gastric ulcer etc.

Good wishes for recovery.
Dr. HET.