Removed excess skin from groin. Had hernia and gall bladder removal. Suggest the next step?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
MY SURGEON RECENTLY REMOVED SOME EXCESS SKIN FROM MY GROIN . I HAVE A ABD HERNIA WHICH HE SAYS HE 'S HESISTANT TO REMOVE BECAUSE I HAD A GALL BLADDER REMOVAL IN THAT AREA IT WAS AN OPEN PROCEDURE. HE SAID IT IS A VERY RISKY AND INVOLVED PROCEDURE. I WANT IT DONE BUT HE SAID IT WOULD INVOLVE BEING NEAR THE BLOOD VESSELS AND THE CHANCES FOR INFECTION ARE GREATER. HE WANTS ME TO WAIT 6 MONTHS. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE IT PERFORMED.ITS GIVING ALOT OD OAIN AND DISCOMFORT WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Maturation period is a must before repair.

Detailed Answer:
thanks for writing in.
From the description it appears to be an incisional hernia. It is prudent to wait for at least 9 months before any sort of repair can be contemplated. This allows for the fibrous tissue to mature .Until then you should use an abdominal binder. Avoid constipation and any such straining factor in the intervening period.