Removed endometriosis on uterus, cyst adenoma, hemmoraging cyst on ovary. Having cramps, back pain and fatigue. Reason?

Oncologist, Surgical
Question
Hello 5 weeks ago I had surgery, he removed endometriosis on my uterus and a large cyst adenoma from my right ovary and a hemmoraging cyst on my left ovary. I had my period two weeks after surgery which lasted 6 days now today I woke up with bad cramps, back pain, headache, tired, and fatigue. My husband and I had relations 8 days ago could that have affected anything? Any info would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 2 hours later
Dear ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. From the description of your symptoms, it looks like out have developed a peliv infection following intercourse with your husband. The time duration and the symptoms are suggestive of that and for this condition you should visit your surgeon immediately and have him evaluate you and send appropriate cultures and start you on antibiotics.
It is advisable that you avoid intercourse he treatment is over otherwise it can aggrevate the condition.

Hoping for the best.

Follow-up: Removed endometriosis on uterus, cyst adenoma, hemmoraging cyst on ovary. Having cramps, back pain and fatigue. Reason? 25 hours later
Hello thank you for your answer late last night I started bleeding and it's very heavy never in my life has it been this heavy and the color is almost brownish and i cant tell if there are any large clots seems more stringy and dark feels like clots when it expels, anymore advice would be greatly appreciate.

Dear ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. This bleeding could be your normal periods but it is aggrevated due to the associated infection. You should visit the doctor and have this evaluated. You can wait for a day or two for the flow to subside.

In addition you should also get a scan of the abdomen and pelvis to rule out infection or the recurrence of your endometriosis.

Hoping for the best.