Remedy for white scab over bumps on penis?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014
Excellent

Radiologist
Question
I had some bumps below the head of my penis now they formed a white scab over all bumps and now it's like one big scab ? What to do? Kinda nervous about going to the doctor .....really embarrassing and kinda scary someone please help
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can apply Gentain violet and take amoxycillin. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX There are number of causes for bumps on the penis depending on the size,number, distribution,any pain or itching.You need proper clinical examination. People often get scared when they find sores on the penis but most of the time it is harmless. However if it is due to any sexually transmitted disease,it must be confirmed and treated immediately to avoid complications and damage. In many people,most of the bumps are caused by skin irritation may be during masturbation,oral sex or during sexual intercourse. It can also be due to allergy from lubricants or mild bacterial infection. In this case the spots should be treated with antibiotic, antifungal,antiallergic or steroid cream or usually they disappear on their own in couple of weeks. If they still persist than it's perhaps a condition which needs to be further investigated. At present,empirically you can apply Gentian violet lotion over the bumps thrice daily for six to seven days.If it heals then most probably it is due to bacterial or fungal infection and you will not require any further treatment.You can also take antibiotic like Amoxycillin 500 mg thrice daily for seven days.You can also take probiotics along with amoxycillin. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Remedy for white scab over bumps on penis? 9 minutes later
Thanks so I am hoping it is wrong that I assumed that I had herpes because of the bumps and why is the scab white is it healing or not?

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: No,you don't have herpes infection. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing back No,you don't have herpes infection. Most probably you have bacterial or fungal infection.You can apply Gentain violet as suggested earlier. White scab may be due to fungal infection or healing stage of infection. If Gentain violet doesn't give relief then you may need proper treatment for candida(fungal)infection.However Gentain violet is useful in most of the cases. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Remedy for white scab over bumps on penis? 12 hours later
Is there any over the counter medicine that will help can I send a pic of the sores and get your opinion and hope u r right about ruling herpes out

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Take combination of Clotrimazole with steroids. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing back You can also use combination ointment of antifungal like Clotrimazole with steroids.You can apply twice over the lesions. Your description is enough for conclusion and if you wish you can also upload the photos through attachments of healthcare magic. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX