Remedy for heat boil below nose?

Jan 2014

My wife has a heat boil just below the nose. Could you please suggest a remedy? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Oral+Topical antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at HCM Boils/Furuncle at this site can be extremely painful. If I was you treating doctor I would have put her on oral antibiotics (penicillin group e.g Amoxycillin in combination with Clavulanic acid, 625 mg, thrice daily for a week). Topical antibacterial like Mupirocin cream or fusidic acid cream can be applied twice daily over the boil. An OTC pain killer e.g Ibuprofen or Diclofenac can be taken orally to relieve the pain and discomfort. take care regards