Regularly collapsing with weakness and does not recall anything afterwards. Diagnosed anemia. Suggest?

I have a friend who lives in the Sinai desert and his daughter is regularly collapsing with weakness and does not recall anything afterwards - the doctors he has seen there diagnose anemia - so far the tablets they have given her have not helped. I am going there in a few days and wonder if there is anything I can take for her that may help?
The nutrition there is poor as a result of both poverty and lack of green vegetation - and the doctors are not generally too scrupulous when dealing with Bedouin patients!
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Protein and energy supplements needed

Detailed Answer:

It is extremely unfortunate to know that there are hungry and anaemic children out there. It looks like the child is malnourished, I would advice to take protein supplements for the child either commercially available ones or Pharma preparations like Reassure. You could also take multivitamin tablets like Becosule z. But please be careful not to overdose the child immediately with carbohydrate and protein XXXXXXX supplements as the child might not be used to such XXXXXXX nutrition and could lead to ill effects.
If possible please take the child to a good speciality set up for a complete health check up of all the vitamin deficiencies like vitamin a, b12, iron etc

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries I will be happy to get back to you.