Regular periods, trying to conceive, delayed by 2 weeks now. Home test gave negative. Can I be pregnant ?

Age -25, Female, trying to concieve since a month. Last period - 16 Sep 2011. Typical cycle - 32-34 days. 34 is longest but 32 is pretty standard cycle. Never missed a period in the past 2 years. Once before that. Its 2 weeks since my due date this month [oct was period free] and a hpt gave negative [very very faint second line could not see it at arms distance but could see at half arm's distance. Am i pregnant?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 13 minutes later

Normally in any women of child bearing age, missing a period is a sign of pregnancy. There are chances of pregnancy.

At times when the there is possibility of conceiving in late part of cycle, the urine pregnancy test may not be strongly positive.

I suggest you to repeat the test with different kit. You may also go ahead and get a blood HCG test to diagnose pregnancy. A gynecologist can guide you through blood HCG test.

I hope this helps, I will be glad to answer any follow up queries that you have.

Dr. Pragnesh