Regular periods, trying to conceive. On elevit, menvit medication. History of PCOS. Can I take clomid for infertility?

trying to get pregnant for 2 yrs my partner and i have been on elevit an menvit for 5 months, and i also have pcos, but im healthy and my periods are very regular, i was thinking of trying clomid, but is there anthing like clomid to help my partner
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later
Hi ,

I would suggest you to go for a follicular scan starting from day 8 of your period this scan shows the maturation of the ovarian follicle and ovary release which marks the day of fertility , which is when you can attempt the intercourse for a fruitful results.

Try this natural way for two or three cycles if not succeeded then do go for clomid to stimulate ovulation where the results of pregnancy are better.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Regular periods, trying to conceive. On elevit, menvit medication. History of PCOS. Can I take clomid for infertility? 47 minutes later
ok sounds good,

my friend he had low sperm account, and the doctor got him on pregnly and his partner fell pregnant straight away, would you also suggest my partner try pregnly aswell will this higher our chances!
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 minutes later

Pregnly contains human chorionic gonadotropin which stimulates release of ovum from a already developed follicle ( ovum precursor ) whereas clomid will induce the development of follicle and release of the ovum.Anyway its worth trying both same time.

Do consult your gynecologist for the dosage and the timing of the injections ,

Wish you good luck.