Regular masturbation and anal stimulation. No sterilization of items used. Do I fall in HIV risk group and need any testing?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doc,

I have the habit of masturbation regularly alongwith anal stimulation . I usually do this in privacy in my room .

I insert my fingers (2-3) ,pens ,pencils , gluesticks ,toothbrush handle etc. using vaseline (my personal).

Lately I feel that I have put myself at risk of HIV because I never sterilized or even washed with water any of the items I used , I didn't even wash my hands after coming from outside say using bathroom (also used by others ) and started anal fingering self .

Do I fall in HIV risk group and need any testing ???

I am feeling very anxious and focus on my daily activities.

rgds,

XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 11 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.

I understand your concern.

You are not at risk of HIV.The habits you have described can cause other bacterial infection but not HIV.

HIV spread occurs only when exchange of fluids like blood, semen, breast milk XXXXXXX fluids occurs.

Using unsterilised and unhygienic things for masturbation can cause other bacterial infection and sepsis.

You are not at risk of HIV.

Hope Ive made myself clear.

If you need further clarification do let me know.

DrSudarshan

Follow-up: Regular masturbation and anal stimulation. No sterilization of items used. Do I fall in HIV risk group and need any testing? 11 hours later
Thnx Doc,

I am quite relieved .

I am a straight guy and i practice this anal stimulation purely for satisfaction.
I dont have any XXXXXXX feelings and like girls a lot .

But i feel a continuous guilt and fear of disease because i am doing something which other guys are not doing (anal insertions ).

I have tried to discard this habit altogether many times but have ended up doing it after 2-3 weeks .

I get a feeling that people who practice abnormal sexual activities get HIV .

How can I overcome my fear of getting HIV and how can i leave this habit and lead a peaceful life ????

rgds

AAAA

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 57 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

As I said you should not worry as you have NO RISK of HIV .

You can leave this habit with strong determination.

First thing is to avoid loneliness. Loneliness fosters this habit.

Be busy. Have some hobby. Read books.exercise, go to gym.

Get some friends.Go outdoor with them.

Avoid porn and sexually arousing movies stuff.

Remember masturbation is very common.Almost ninty percent of adults have experienced it some or the other time.There is nothing to be guilty of.

Hope this helps.

If you have any queries feel free to ask them.

If you like my answer please accept it and rate it at the end.

Regards.

Follow-up: Regular masturbation and anal stimulation. No sterilization of items used. Do I fall in HIV risk group and need any testing? 13 hours later
Just one last thing Doc . .. .. is anal masturbation also common among lot of boys ..i

mean to say that do boys normally insert things in their anus during masturbation ???

or is it considered a deviant behaviour ?

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 9 hours later
Hi again,
masturbation and anal stimulation is common.

Insertion of objects is uncommon.

Can be said to be deviant.