Regular heroin user and injected in groin. Have swollen lumps, pounding heart, fever and pain. Suggest?

Dec 2014

As stated on my dashboard..I am a regular I.V heroin user,the last 4times I've injected in my groin,they have swollen lumps on each side. When I last 3x injected I had a pounding heart,temperature,felt faint+sick,+had agony pains in my groin above my pibic bone.. But the palpitations+faintness is most worrying.
Why has no doctor replied.. If my message has not been sent please state why? And help me to send.
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have read your question and I can understand your concern. You are a regular user since last 13 years of heroin and methadone and you have become dependent on it. The loss of partner has escalated the problem and cinsequent drug intake. This has resulted in increased severity of depression. You have entered into a vicious cycle of drug intake and depression. To improve the condition you have to break this vicious cycle. I would like you to please decrease the use of drug by your self and this will improve your condition. Drugs like naloxone, buprenorphin combination will help to taper heroin. Consult a psychiatrist for help.
Now coming to other problem of severe anxiety and depression. Injection in groin area or inguinal area has resulted in swelling of lymph nodes which is causing the problem. Inadverant injection in vein has resulted in severe pain which resulted in severe anxiety and panic like situation. Please apply cold compresses over affected part for quick relief. Continue to take mirtazepine as it will help to improve depression.

Hope I cleared your doubt, if you have more questions you can ask again.