Regular fights, attraction for other woman and alcoholism. Advise?

I get fight with my wife atleast once a week.
We have a family of me, my wife and a son of 2 yrs old. she is 3 yrs younger than me.
I am herself is working in it.
There is no issues to write at my home by still its fight.
what to do?
I drink when we fight.
But I don't behave this way to anyone else. I am a manager and manages 25 member team at office where in I am the best guy for past few years.
I love some one else truly. but its just love. no sex.
we have no issues in sex
Posted Thu, 5 Jul 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 7 hours later

I can understand your concern but the likely culprit in your case from your side seems to be:
1)     Alcoholism
2)     Attraction towards other woman

First of all, you should try to distract your attention from the other woman. If she is your colleague then getting a transfer may help. Talk to your partner openly about any fears or apprehensions, eat nutritious healthy food,exercise regularly and cut down on alcohol.

Your will power is the best medicine for you. Stop taking any alcohol and spent maximum possible time with your wife and kid. Go for a vacation with them and then start the relationship afresh. Remember your son has not done any wrong and your relationship with your wife may effect his psyche. Spend maximum quality time with your wife and stop making any comparisons.

If there is no improvement in the scenario then both of you can have sessions with a marriage counselor or psychologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.