Regestorone tablet to postpone the period for 5 days,planning for child,when will the ovulation period be?

Hello Sir/Mam

My wife period was due on 15 april she took regestorone tablet for 3 days from 14 to 16 to postpone. she had periods on 20 april after that. we want to know when her next period date will come and what will the date of ovulation as we are planning for child.

Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting query.

For all practical purposes you have to count the date from 20th April in her case.
Please count the number of days as per her routine period for next possible date.

As far as date of ovulation is concerned,normally ovulation take place in mid-cycle.For example in 28 days cycle,it will in most of cases will takes place between 12-16 days.During period chances of getting pregnant are highest.

Still this is a method which relies on guess.In your wife`s case there are all the chances that the next cycle may come early or late.In some cases after this kind of tablets for timing of menstruation the next cycle gets disturbed.

This month you can only take chance.From next cycle things will settle down.

I hope I have taken care of your query,still if you have something more to ask I will be available for follow up.