Regarding missed periods

Regarding missed periods
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 16 minutes later

The information provided by you is inadequate for me to answer. It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition if you could answer some of these questions:

1)     When did you have your last menstrual periods?

2)     Did you have any unprotected intercourse recently?

3)     Are you on some form of birth control?

4)     Are you having any history of PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian disease) or thyroid illness?

5)     When did you have your last pelvic examination?

Pregnancy is the first possibility for any missed periods. Apart from pregnancy, there are many other reasons for a delayed period. The other causes are hormonal imbalance like in PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), stress, obesity, malnutrition, anemia, hypothyroidism, illness, etc.

Please do get back with these answers so that we can help you in a better way. I am available for further follow ups. Wishing you good health.