Reduction in penis size. On hypertension medication. Viagra not working. Solution?

Question
Since I turned 50 my penis has reduced by half the size it was I am taking high blood pressure tablets can you tell me why and can it be fixed my doctor gave me a script for viagra but that had no affect at all please help.
Regards XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later
There are several things that I would like to emphasize here:
a.      Normally a flaccid penis varies considerably in size, ranging from less than 5cm to over 10cm (2 to 5 inches).
b.     As men age, the deposition of fat over the pubic bone is the main reason for men reporting a shorter appearance in their penis. In fact, abdominal obesity and a deposition in fat over the pubic bone can make the penis appear shorter.
c.     Erectile dysfunction is an issue that needs to be addressed separately. A loss of interest in sexual activity with a decrease in testosterone can lead to this dysfunction.
Additionally, as I believe that more information can help a physician help a patient better, I would like to ask you how have you used Viagra in terms of dose, frequency. I would suggest that if this does not work for you, an alternative phosphodiesterase inhibitor be tried in consultation with your treating physician.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.