Ask a Urologist   »  

Reduced sperm amount,watery sperm,pristic,cozaar,sleeping pill

Hi, I am 59 years old. I am sexually active but noticed a sudden reduction in amount of sperm. So masturbated to see amount coiming out and was small and thin like water, day two was less and day three nothing. Despite of having the sensation of sperm coming out nothing came out. I take Pristic each morning and Cozaar, and a sleeping pill each night. What can be the reason for sudden reduction of sperm/liquid ?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Pristic causes delayed ejaculation whereas Cozaar leads to erectile dysfunction and reduced libido as a side effect. If you are sexually active it means both the drugs are not producing any such side effects.

Sudden reduction in volume of sperms can be due to-
1.Too frequent ejaculations- abstain from sex for one week and see if the amount improves.
2. Decreased hydration-drink plenty of fluids.
3.Blocked seminal vesicle due to infection.
4. Decreased prostatic secretions due to infection.

All these conditions need to be ruled out one by one with the help of your urologist.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.