Reduced sexual desire and lack of erection. Due to excessive masturbation? Hormonal reports normal

Sexologist
Question
I am 34 years old man, all the pathological reports are ok including hormonal reports. but due to over masturbation the libido and penile sensitivity has reduced very much. I got erection but without excitement and desire.
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 18 hours later
Hai there,

Thanks for the query in XXXXXXX

The quality of sexual response is proportional to the positive erotic thoughts and how excited he is.
Masturbation has no negative relation on libido or any other health problems.
The frequency of masturbation which is considered as a problem is when the urge and masturbation alters day to day activities of a person. The guilty feeling of past "bad habit" can also lead to decreased libido.

Since all the hormonal tests are within normal limits, we can exclude the cause due to hormonal imbalance.
Other physical causes of decreased libido are
1. Medicines - Medicines for Hypertension (Increase BP), Depression etc can decrease the libido
2. Other chronic medical conditions

Your problem is completely treatable with counselling with a competent expert in your area. We need to address the Psychological cause of decreased libido, which are:
a. Performance Anxiety,
b. Past unsatisfactory attempts due to erectile dysfunction / premature ejaculation
c. Guilty feeling of past "bad habit" or past sexual activity.

Hence the psychological cause can be cured by counseling which can be provided by good counsellor in person in your location.

Hope I gave you an insight of your problem

regards
Dr A XXXXXXX