Red,swollen,small blisters with clear pus on right cheek,sensitive and painful,right face and teeth hurts,anbesol and neosporin,no improvement

I have a "spot" on my right cheek about the size of a half dollar that is very red, swollen, developed small blisters that drain a clear pus. It is painful to the point that the entire right side of my face hurts including all of my upper right hand side teeth. They are extremely sensitive and painful, throbbing, constant not just with eating or drinking. Anbesol does not help any. I initially thought I was getting a pimple but this is definitely not the case. I have been putting neosporin on the spot and it has not cleared it up at all. My husband described it as something that looks like a busted fever blister but on my face instead of my lip/mouth.
I need to know what you think this might be and if I should go to a dr or if it's ok to wait. I am away from home and will not be able to contact my dr until Monday at the earliest.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 37 minutes later

The spot on your right cheek which gives you throbbing pain,swelling and redness suggests that an abscess is formed .

Most probably it may have been caused by some insect bite or infected acne or boil. This may have transformed to an abscess.

This needs incision and pus is to be drained. Few days of dressing along with antibiotics (prescribed based on the culture sensitivity of the drained abscess) will give you relief.

Any antibiotic usage will not work without pus drainage. You may use anti inflammatory medicines to cut down your suffering. The procedure is very much needed.

Get to your doctor for all above procedures .

I hope I have answered your query. If there is anything more query, I am available to answer.

With regards..