Ask a Urologist   »  

Redness on penis head due to excessive masturbation, not STD. Is Neosporin bad for it?

Question
Hello, I have developed a raw penis I believe from excessive masturbation. I know it's not an STD. The right side of the head of my penis is very red and the inside bled a little...I put neosporin on it...is neosporin bad for it? I heard that it can cause a yeast infection...is this true? I'm worried now that the condition may get worse from the neosporin. Also, after I used the neosporin (used it for four days 2x a day) my penis has a whiteish coat on the head and under the foreskin. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 19 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
Masturbation is said to be harmless activity.
Dude! what are you up to, be gentle on your faithful organ, it should not be harmed like that.
The sexual gratification from masturbation can be achieved more efficiently when you use sufficient lubrication, you can use KY Jelly as a supplement.
Neosporin need not be used in your case because it is a trauma and not an infection.
Just observe abstinence for 5days and every thing would heal.
If used for short duration like about 5days Neosporin would not cause a fungal infection.
I wish a great health for you.