Redness on penis and foreskin. Gets worse after sex. Suggest?

Question
redness on penis glans and some on foreskin been there about 9 months no itching no pain no burning gets more redder after sex or shower went to doctor and said it didn't look nothing serious but it still there
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query. I also keenly went through the picture.

I looks more of a sub acute inflammatory lesion. Lack of pain, painful eruptions, urethral discharge or painful urination makes the possibility of a sexually transmitted infection very unlikely.

It would be important precising how it started. Was is very acute or it actually took sometime? how long? Is this the first time you are experiencing this ever? has your sexual partner complained of any symptoms? These could be necessary to exclude some fungal and viral lesions that could also present as such.

For now, topical anti inflammatory agents containing topical anti biotics to prevent any bacterial infection could help. these agents generally contain a topical steroid, an antifungal drug and and antibiotic. These cremes applied twice daily for two weeks and reevaluated could be of help. Consult your dermatologist for appropriate creme. Many do exist on the market.

Please feel very free asking further questions if need be. It s nothing really serious for sure, and with treatment, outcome should be good. Use of purely cotton airy pants are strongly advised. Any recent change of pants could explain this kind of reaction in some cases, Some individuals react to none cotton based pants. the penis tip is very sensitive.

Thanks and kind regards,

Bain LE, MD.

Thanks and kind regards,

Bain LE, MD.

However, it looks more of a bening, not very serious inflammatory lesion.

Follow-up: Redness on penis and foreskin. Gets worse after sex. Suggest? 1 minute later
its been going on for 9 months and no she hasn't had any problems just me its just red doesn't hurt or anything and will get more redder after sex went to a dermatologist she didn't think it wasn't anything serious

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 21 minutes later
Thanks again for the precisions,

its for sure its not infectious. With absence of pain and only increase in redness after sex, I think it should be a physiologic reaction due to increased blood flow to the penis during this period. Its nothing to worry about.

but You need to be watchful and report to your doctor in case you notice any eruptions, ulcers or pain.

As for now, I think you need not bother.

Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.
kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.