Redness of nose. Prescribed Amclox, Diclomol. Is it safe to take Diclomol more often?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
Can I Take Diclomol thrice. I have got redness over nose & it is paining a lot. I have been adviced Amclox-500mg twice with Diclomol twice. As soon as I take Diclomol the pain subsides but reapperas after 6 hours.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 42 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
Your therapy is good and if you have infecton it should heal in 5-7 days.Just need to be sure that it isnt allergy.
You may take 150mg in 3 divided doses, it means 1 tablet(50mg) every 8 hours, or 100mg tablet,2 times daily every 12 hours. Do not take more than this, it wont be helpful and could have problematic side effects. If you notice pain under the right rib,jaundice, vomiting, nausea or any other unusual symptom you should visit doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"

Follow-up: Redness of nose. Prescribed Amclox, Diclomol. Is it safe to take Diclomol more often? 16 minutes later
I am also having a painful abscess under armpit. Doctor has advised to go for puncturing & draining. Should I have biopsy. The Abscess has grown to about 2 CM size.

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 9 minutes later
Well, antibiotic that you are taking would affect positively on this too. Some doctors recommend to treat it by antibiotics, but if it is growing, painful and there is pus collection with fever it should be drained surgicaly. 2cm is significant size, you can follow its progression bext 1-2 days and then decide about treatment course. There is no need to take biopsy of abssces if pus formation is obvious.

Follow-up: Redness of nose. Prescribed Amclox, Diclomol. Is it safe to take Diclomol more often? 13 minutes later
Thank you Doc for positive reply.

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
I am glad i was helpful.good luck XXXXXXX