Redness in legs after sunburn, tried aloe vera. What to use?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi, I got burned by the sun about 2 months ago at the bottom of my legs. The redness is still there, I've tried alo vera and other moisturisers but nothing seems to do anything for it. it is horrible looking because I'm so pale then there's just a line across both my legs where I got burnt, what will take the redness away, someone suggested flamazine but I don't know what to use?
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 5 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Sun burns is a condition wherein the regenerative elements of the skin are destroyed by actinic rays. It is a self remitting condition. No local treatment can cure it or hasten recovery. Local treatment will just give you symptomatic relief.Usually the lesion will become dark from the current red colour. Thereafter the skin will peel off and will be replaced by normal skin. You can use any steroid containg ointment to be applied twice a day gently in order to prevent any sort of scarring.
i hope this answers your querry.
With regards