Redness in erect penis, applied Candida cream and took AF-150 tablets, negative for HIV and HSV1 and 2. Is it STD?

Infertility Specialist
around a year back I made a relationship with unknown partner (not done intercourse but oral vaginal sex). after one month, i was gone for HIV test from a good lab but it was negative.ok no problem.after around 04 months, I felt redness (only in erect position) on my penis gland area at lower rim part. initially i ignored but i feel there is remarkable redness on the rim part of gland than the rest part of gland. i used AF -150 Tablets and candid cream as prescribed by a skin specialist. but i got no improvement but in the meanwhile i got some ulcers like in the middle portion of penis. then doctor prescribed me acivir cream and test for HSV 1 & 2, the test result was negative.i did'nt use acivir cream. now the problem is rest with me, same redness at lower part of gland and small ulcers at middle part of the penis. now a days i m using lutica lotion but no improvement. i m very much worried abt it .is it STD or what ?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later

I read your history and went through your reports.

The lesion on your penile landular area does not appear to be an STD. It appears to be a fungal infection to look at. Hence I request you to apply any antifungal ointment creams available over the counter in India ( eg. Candiderm or any othe brand). Please follow the advice below:

1) Wash penis thoroughly twice a day.

2) Apply antifungal ointment after washing the penis and drying it.

3) Wear loose undergarments and pants for next 15 days which allows adequate ventilation for the penis.

4) Have healthy diet and drink more water.

I think your penile ulcer wil heal with this.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any more queries you have

Dr.Mahesh Koregol