Redness in areola during periods, warm feeling. Any thoughts?

May 2013
Well hello. I have had on occasion bright red areolas which came around my period. They were also very warm. In the last week, my areolas have turned bright red, no warmth and mid-ish cycle. Any thoughts on this?
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later
According to your description your areolar changes appears to be due to hormonal influence.
The levels of hormones will fluctuate during menstrual cycle usually.
That will bring some changes in the breast and temperature can alter according to the dominant hormone.
So if you are not having symptoms like pain, discharge from areola, peeling of areolar skin etc., no need to worry.
If you are feeling discomfort because of these better once get examined.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.