Redness and itching in fingers, sore lumps, tried eczema cream. What could this be?

Hi I have red itch 2 fingers on separate hands the skins common off and it has tiny lil lumps really sore I have tried eczema cream sudo cream What could this be
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 42 minutes later

Thank you for posting the query,

I understood your problem however it would be good if you can answer few of my queries:
1) Do you get tiny little water filled lesions(vesicles) on sides of your fingers ?
2) Do you also observe any scaling over the lesions ?
3) Do you wear any sort of rings in your fingers ?
4) Do you observe any oozing from the lesion?

Answer to these questions would help me understand your problem better.Even a close up picture of the lesion would help me further.
You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.You can also email the same to YYYY@YYYY with “ATTN: ” in the subject line.

I shall address your concern based on your current given information.
With history what you have submitted ,there seems to be two possibilities.

One possibility is of allergic reaction to soaps or detergents also known as Allergic contact Dermatitis .The other possibility is of Pompholyx where in one observes tiny vesicles over sides of fingers .

Treatment of both the conditions are nearly similar.One has to use topical steroid creams with antibiotic combination .You can even take oral anti-histaminics tablets to control itching .

Avoidance of the allergen is very important (probably soaps and detergents in your case ) .If you are wearing any metal rings in your fingers then it should also be avoided.

If you can reply me with the answers and the pictures, I would be able to suggest you better.

Awaiting for your reply.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.