Reddish painful skin rash on the calf. Not reactive to hydrogen peroxide. Can it be ringworm infection?

i have a rash on my right leg,the calf area where i have hair. it apeared suddenly a few days ago. Its red in color circular with clearly defined edges darker in color than the red center about an inch in diameter. The skin is smooth to the touch. Its slightly painful, and discharging clear fluid. it looks almost like a burn to me. It does not react to hydrogen peroxide. My aunt thought it might have been ringworm at first so i tried lotramin ringworm cream (clotrimazole 1%) but ringworm has a normal skin tone center and this doesn't.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 8 hours later

Yes, you are right. The described symptoms are unlikely to be a ring worm infection. They are consistent with features of cellulitis - it is painful with inflammatory changes.

You may require antibiotic therapy – topical and oral antibiotics may be helpful.

I encourage you to visit your physician for a focal examination to confirm this possibility. He / she can help you by prescribing the needed antibiotics.

Hope this answers your query. Should you have any further doubts, I am available to help you.
Do accept the response if you do not have any further queries.