Ask a Dentist   »  

Reddish grey patches around the gum of lower teeth region. What could this be?

Can see dark reddish and grey occured between lower lip and gum from left to right. When i pull my lower lip its visible inside.. Normally if i speak or smile nothing visible.. I feel it may spread my lower gum near future.. There is no ulcers and pain,only looking dark red from left to right inside.. Please someone advice what is this infection
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 5 days later
Brief Answer: could be a gum boil Detailed Answer: Hello There, Welcome to XXXXXXX Forum, After reading your clinical history i suspect that you have developed a gum boil around the gum of your lower teeth region. Such lesions are caused either by physical or chemical trauma to the gum tissue or due to injury caused by hot food stuffs. Gum Boil may appear as reddish grey as if filled with blood in the initial stages. It can be cystic sac like structure filled with fluid. If not treated in time it may undergo infection leading to formation of gingival abscess, so please get the examination done by the Dentist. After clinical examination if it is gum overgrowth it can be excised followed by a course of antibiotics and analgesics will solve the problem. If the lesion is associated with infected lower teeth, then the treatment plan will varry it will reguire a radiological evaluation of the region followed by Root Canal Treatment of the tooth. For further doubts do write to me and i will get back to you. Reagrds, Dr Qazi Ammara.
Follow-up: Reddish grey patches around the gum of lower teeth region. What could this be? 42 hours later
Hi Doctor, Please check my report attached and it seems mono is active,plz check and advice do I have mono? It seems gingivitis can occur if one infected with mono. please advice
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 20 hours later
Brief Answer: It can be due to injury, infection or trauma. Detailed Answer: Welcome back, It is not necessary that the gingival lesion occur with the patients with mono. Mono is associated with other symptoms like fatigue, fever, enlarged lymph nodes, headache and enlarged spleen, if you are having the above symptoms for a week or two you can consult to a Doctor. The gum boil which you are having can be due to injury, infection or trauma. For this you need to consult to a Dentist. Take care! Dr Qazi Ammara.