Reddish bumps on lower leg and tail bone. What could this be?

I have redesh bumps looks like ulser itches just 2 or 3 per lower leg also at bottom of tail bone
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Suggests bacterial or fungal infection. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using XXXXXXX Reddish itchy bumps suggests inflammation. This may be due to bacterial infection of hair follicle or gland or due to fungal infection. If the lesions are wide apart and in single then mostly suggest bacterial, and if in cluster and the area is spreading then it suggests fungal infection. Fungal infection will be very itchy and usually occurs in the area that sweats more. If you can upload the photo, it will be better to diagnose the problem. For now keep the area clean and dry, clean with betadine lotion and apply fucidic acid ointment for bacterial or clotrimazole ointment for fungal infection type and take anti inflammatory drug like Ibuprofen after your doctor's advice. You should not spread the infection by handling it (squeezing, touching and then touching other place). Use only sun dried cotton clothes and separate clean towel. These measures will help in treating your problem. Hope this information answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards