Ask a Urologist   »  

Reddish blotchy penile foreskin. No pain. Causes?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have a blochy red foreskin mainly just above the rim
it doesnt hurt but had it a few days i am not sexualy active
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
A Reddish areas on the penis head that are painless and non itchy can be Fordyce's spots and these are abnormally dilated blood vessels.
The cause is usually unknown and they arise by them selves.
They are non infectious,subside on their own after sometime and do not require any treatment.
If they are associated with any pain,itching,discharge then other conditions as warts,ulcers,skin conditions can be thought of.
If their is development of any other symptom then consider visiting your Primary Physician for physical examination and evaluation.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.